Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Unbeaten by Rain🌧⛈

 So,I came across a poem this week.A japanese poem.Im not sure if you've ever read one,but throughout alot of japanese poems,not all of them rhyme.I liked this one so much,I just HAD to share it with you.Its called "Unbeaten by Rain" written by Kenji Miyazawa.Here it is:

"Unbeaten by rain.                                                

Unbeaten by wind.

Unbowed by the snow and summer heat.

Strong in body.

Free from greed.

Without any anger.

Always serene.

With a handful of brown rice a day.

Miso and a small amount of vegetables suffice.

Whatever happens,consider yourself last,always put others first.

Understand from your observation and experience.

Never lose sight of these things.

In the shadows of the pine groves in the fields,live modestly under a thatched roof.

I'm the east,if there is a sick child,go there and take care of him.

In the west,if there is an exhausted mother,go there and relieve her of her burden.

In the south,if there is a man near death,go there and comfort him,tell him "Don't be afraid."

In the north,if there is an argument and a legal dispute,go there and persuade them it's not worth it.

In a drought,shed tears.

In a cold summer,carry on.

Ever with a sense of loss.

Being called a fool.

Being neither praised nor a burden.

Such a person I want to be."

The only thing with this,is I wish it would've been in a Christian perspective.There is alot to say on a few of these,but I'll let you draw your own conclusions of what you think about it and your thoughts on it!Let me know in the comments below⬇️

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easter snow!

 Well,I was looking at previous posts today(Which I almost never do)and realized the last time I posted was November of last year!Can you be...